Saturday, October 22, 2011

Runaway Bride

Am I wrong to think that life wouldn't be less than if I never married? I know I'm such a loving person and a true companion yet is it possible a woman can be happy without a husband?  I've never been in a rush to marry. As a child I wanted to be successful. I set up pickle stands and sold chips and coolcups to my friends at school.  I didn't dress up in a white dress and pretend to get married. I was never the girl to run after the guys. I just always wanted to be the best me and figured one day maybe I'd have a life counterpart.


God has been a blessing and I don't have to have the responsibility of raising children at the moment. Let's say I was financially set, realistically the way I love children, I'd want kids. I'd need a bit of help with that so I guess I'd adopt. Is it possible to be complete as a woman while married to noone?

I don't want to sound unromantic I just don't think I being married gets me in heaven. What if marriage for me doesn't fulfills God's will, how would I know? Would he care if I was married or not as long as I just obeyed his law? Seems marriage is more so for us on earth yet wouldn't God find pleasure in a union made under his name for his glory? So if I never make a union under God would I by default not lose points yet not score points either? OK wait when did God say we were scoring points in heaven? I clearly have gotten overzealous with this topic.

I think it might make me happy while I'm here on earth but once I'm in heaven would I miss not being married when I was alive?  Let's be clear, I'm not against marriage nor am I saying I do not want to get married. I am saying that I wonder can a woman truly be happy without a husband.


The way the world seems to be heading, sincerity in individuals is fleeting and in order to stay sane I stay to myself and by myself a lot. I love my independence and can trust I wont cheat on me nor leave me for a PYT who wants me only for my money. Would I be less of a woman if I didn't wear heels to my wedding but instead kicks so just in case...if I need to..I can run?

No comments:

Post a Comment